With the winter flu season approaching, we would like to take the opportunity to tell you about our seasonal flu vaccination at the surgery.
We are eager to provide a seasonal flu vaccination programme for all of our at risk patients, recommended by the Department of Health.
Patients who are at risk
Patients who have on going long term conditions such as:
- Chronic Lung Disease
- Heart Disease
- Renal Disease
- Illnesses of the Nervous System
We will also be immunising:
- Patients over 65
- All pregnant women
- Patients with a high body mass index (Obesity)
Preventing flu infection through vaccination also contributes to preventing secondary bacterial infections such as pneumonia. This can help reduce the need for antibiotics and contributes towards preventing antibiotic resistance.
For 2018/2019 there are three types of flu vaccine:
- A live quadrivalent vaccine given as a nasal spray which is for children and young people aged 2 to 17 years who are eligible for the flu vaccine. You will receive this invitation on white paper.
- A quadrivalent injected vaccine which is for adults aged 18 to 64 years who are at an increased risk of flu because of a long term health condition. You will receive this invitation on yellow paper.
- An adjuvanted trivalent injected vaccine which is for people aged 65 and over. You will receive your invitation on blue paper.
Please note, due to the three types of flu vaccines this year, different members of your family may have to attend separate appointments depending on the delivery of vaccines to the surgery.
Help safeguard yourself by booking an appointment at your earliest convenience. As you are in the group of patients recommended to have the vaccine we would like to invite you to make an appointment. We would strongly advise that you take advantage of the vaccine to prevent yourself from catching flu and developing potential dangerous complications.
Please see our dedicated flu sessions listed below
Saturday 29th September 8:30am until 11:15am
Monday 1st October 1:00pm until 3:00pm
Wednesday 3rd October 3:00pm until 5:00pm
Thursday 4th October 1:00pm until 3:00pm
Friday 5th October 10:00am until 11:30am
Saturday 6th October 8:30am until 11:15am
Monday 8th October 1:00pm until 3:00pm
Tuesday 9th October 3:00pm until 5:00pm
Wednesday 10th October 1:00pm until 3:00pm
Thursday 11th October 1:00pm until 3:00pm
Friday 12th October 3:00pm until 5:00pm
Saturday 13th October 8:30am until 11:15am
Monday 15th October 1:00pm until 3:00pm
Thursday 18th October 3:00pm until 5:00pm
Friday 19th October 1:00pm until 3:00pm
Once you have received your invite please ring our dedicated appointment line on 0113 4677499 OPTION 1 AFTER 1PM to book an appointment.
If you are housebound and cannot visit the surgery, contact the surgery and you will be added to a list for home visits.