- 1. Make sure you get you flu jab – contact the surgery on 0113 4677499 Option 1 to make an appointment
- 2. Keep you home at 18C or higher if you can. Keep your bedroom window closed on winter nights. Keep active indoors. Wear several layers of light clothes. Make sure you are receiving all the help you are entitled to. http://www.gov.uk/phe/keep-warm
- 3. Take advantage of financial schemes and discounts to help you pay for heating
- 4. Visit you local pharmacist as soon as you start to feel unwell with the symptoms of a respiratory winter illness
- 5. Look out for other people who may need a bit of extra help over this winter.
Choose the right NHS service – your local pharmacy can provide expert, confidential advice and treatment. There is no need for an appointment.
Remember A&E is not anything and everything and should only be used for life threatening illnesses or injuries.Before you consider going to A&E why not call NHS 111 who can give you the advice and support you need.
Keep your medicine cabinet well stocked for minor ailments
Thank you Dr G A Lees